A zero waste blog. Join me on my journey as I reduce my waste and move towards a simple, vegan and zero waste lifestyle.

Where Have I Been?

on
Thursday 8 March 2018
Hello!! *waves*

I feel like it's been a while since I blogged, so I thought I should do a bit of a life update.

Life has been really hectic lately and something had to give. Unfortunately for anyone who reads this blog, this is the thing that has had to take a back seat. But I'm back now, and have plans for lots of great content (well I think it's great anyway) over the next few months.

So what have I actually been up to?

Well firstly, work has been really busy since the start of the year. If you don't already know I work as a Campaigner and Press Officer for OneKind and I've spent the past couple of months organising a huge fox hunting march through Edinburgh which is taking place in just over two weeks' time. Over 700 people have signed up to attend and 1.7k are interested on Facebook, so it looks like it's going to be a great event. I've been doing everything from finding a band to ordering signs and meeting with the council. Today, I even filmed a video to go on a giant screen that'll drive around Edinburgh on the day. If you're in Edinburgh on Saturday 24th March then you should check out OneKind's website for more details and come along and join us.

I've started doing some volunteer social media and blogging work for Plastic Free Scotland - a group campaigning to end single use plastics in supermarkets. You can follow us on Twitter here and Facebook here. I also did an interview with Planet Problems about our campaigns and the problem with plastic when you can read here if you're interested.

I'm still reviewing theatre shows for All Edinburgh Theatre too. I saw The Sound of Music a couple of weeks ago and it was AMAZING. I've no idea how it's taken me until the age of 31 to see The Sound of Music but I loved it to pieces. I gave it a 4 star review which probably would have been 5 had one of the actors not been a bit wooden, but it was still one of the best shows I've seen in a really long time.

I guess you could say the rest of my time has been spent falling in love with the most wonderful human being. He's kind and funny and caring, and he loves Jurassic Park just as much as I do. I don't tend to talk about the side of my life too much, but it's the best relationship I've ever been in and I feel incredibly lucky to have met him.

I plan to get back to blogging regularly from now on, so keep your eyes peeled for more posts over the coming weeks.

So until then...

Over and Out!
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment